Welcome to Katmai Lodge
We want your trip to Katmai Lodge Alaska to be as easy and enjoyable as possible! From scheduling your air travel to dining information at the Lodge, we’ve prepared a detailed Trip Planning Guide to assist you. Of course, if you have additional questions for us – please don’t hesitate to call. We’ll be happy to help out any way we can: 1 (800) 330-0326
Upon your arrival you will be welcomed by your professional guide and our hospitable staff. During a brief tour and orientation of the property our staff will check you into your room and issue fishing licenses. Enjoy a welcome buffet lunch in the dining room before your first day of activities. Your guide will meet with you to discuss your personalized trip itinerary and equipment needs.
The lodge-based 10 passenger turbine De Havilland Otter floatplane is available for bear viewing excursions to Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park and exciting fly-out fishing trips. These trips can be arranged prior to or upon your arrival at the lodge. Ask our Reservations Manager for more info on getting discount pricing by pre-booking a flyout. Once at the lodge, you can talk to your guide, they will be happy to make fly-out arrangements.
Delicious meals are prepared daily and included throughout your stay at the lodge.
- Breakfast is cooked to order and is served from 6 – 8 a.m. every day.
- Lunch is typically enjoyed on the river. Your guide will ask what you prefer to eat the day prior.
- Dinner is served at 7 p.m. Relax and enjoy a complimentary glass of house wine served with our first rate, buffet style dinner. A selection of high-end wine is available for purchase. Please ask your hostess for more information. A selection of well drinks is also available for purchase. For preferred spirits we may not have in our bar selection, you are welcome to bring it with you to the lodge.
Social Happy Hour
Exchange stories and bragging rights with fellow guests during the complimentary happy hour. Appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks are served in the main lodge between the hours of 5 – 7 p.m.
Main Lodge Offerings
- Fully stocked fly-tying area
- Lounge areas
- Gift shop offering clothing, fishing accessories and gifts made in Alaska
- Games, books and internet access
- Honor bar offering a wide selection of spirits
Wi-Fi and Mobile Phone Service at the Lodge
Mobile phone calls and texting are available via satellite Wi-Fi. Please contact your cellular service provider to enable Wi-Fi calling on your plan prior to your arrival. The lodge also provides a landline phone service for emergencies. There is NO cellular service.
Lodge Contact Information
Call (907) 246-1527 or (800) 330-0326 during the summer season. Email messages can be sent to email@example.com
If you wish to leave gratuities, the following guideline may be helpful.
|Fishing Guide||$65 - $100||Per rod, per day|
|Wildlife Guide||$65 - $100||Per guest, per day|
|Lodge Support Staff||$25 - $30||Per guest, per day|
Tips for the lodge support staff are pooled. This includes kitchen, housekeeping and maintenance staff. Cash or checks preferable for all gratuities.
On the last night of your stay, you will receive departure information and settle any charges. The lodge accepts cash, check and most credit cards, including American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.